Sunday, June 13, 2010

Celtics defeat Lakers in game 5. Some thoughts.

I went back on my promise to boycott the NBA tonight and tuned in for game 5 of the NBA finals between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. Now that Blackhawks hockey is over, and the Chicago Cubs are absolutely pitiful, the NBA, in all its crookedness, will have to suffice.

A few thoughts after watching tonights game.

1) Lakers guard Derek Fisher is, without a doubt, one of the most pathetic excuses for a basketball player I have ever seen. More like a FISH out of water. This man flops at every measly brush of contact made by any opposing player. I wonder if it is because he must make up for his obvious lack of basketball skill. I have never seen so many ridiculous touch foul/fish flop calls in my life. Absolutely pathetic.

2) Kobe Bryant seems to think he is Mother Teresa. I've watched basketball for years now and I have never seen anyone argue calls more than he does. He also seems to think he is Micheal Jordan by sticking his tongue out just as MJ did. Ha, thanks for the laugh.

3) NBA players are absolute pansies. Could someone tell me why no one wearing an NBA uniform can ever pick themselves up off the floor after falling down (or flopping)?

4) I'd like to brand the ABC commentators the Three Stooges because that's exactly what they are. The trio of stupidity made up of Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy is just awful, and dreadfully annoying to listen to. Not only that, but their analysis of the game borders on lunacy. An obvious replay of a Ray Allen three bouncing off the rim befuddles them to no end. How? We see the trajectory of the basketball on line for the rim and as it hits the rim the trajectory clearly changes yet the geniuses blabbering for ABC seem to have mounds of trouble processing the information.

This is why I hate the NBA. But my hatred for the Los Angeles Lakers and Kobe Pusspants Bryant will always bring me back. Bravo to the Celtics for sticking it to the pretty boys from glamourville.

One thing is certain though. The Lakers will win game 6. The NBA will make sure of that, just like they did in 2002.

No comments: